Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 29 March 2016

The Painting Challenge Round Up


Well , it's all done for another year. Not as productive as initially hoped, but I did get above the minimum targets I had set myself.



Mostly units for the Sudan

 The main unit I wanted to nail was the Camel Corps, which was 36 mounted, 36 dismounted, 12 camels at rest, and 12 dismounted skirmishers. It was a big unit so took a while. Also completed the 10th Hussars and the Eyptian Lancers. I have no more imperial mounted in the lead pile. Result.

I also managed a number of vignette pieces, such as the signallers, the medical section ,Sapper Corporal Millsy and Major Docherty, and the war correspondents. 

The final entry was the Balloon Detatchment, which was an enjoyable model making challenge.

The Mahdi himself put in an appearance along with a few top up foot troops. - takes me to just over 900 foot now

I also completed two 54mm Cowboys to provide some distraction from dusty stuff, and a few 28mm miners, plus the Curtgeld.

While it was a slow start overall , it ended reasonably well. I also enjoyed my Wednesday minion duties helping out Curt with the admin work. 

I am moving on to other terrain work for the Sudan and various other game aid items . The first dust up is booked in for April the 16th. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow - great result Dave! Very impressive indeed
    "Not as productive as initially hoped" - I say Bollocks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Paul beat me to it, you get more done in three months than I do in three years! Always a delight to see your Sudan project move forward, inspirational stuff.

    ReplyDelete