Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 9 March 2016

Sudan - Egyptian Lancers

The one arm that was missing from my Egyptian forces was cavalry. I picked up a bag of lead in a swap a while ago and it had these figures from Castaway Arts from Oz. They do an interesting and unusual range of colonial items, and I like to use a range of manufacturers across the collection.

I decided to leave these with lances upright , and just went for simple solder the 0.8mm  piano wire "lance" into hands and foot socket. 







Lancers are always my favourite cavalry - you can't  beat fluttering pennants making their way across the table.

7 comments:

  1. yes you can beat them!

    Give them WINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to paint some of these fine fellows myself on my return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work. I am pretty sure, however, that these are Old Glory. In some quarters OG gets bad press and like any range not all of their figures are great, but their colonial ranges are very good and these are testimony of that. Cheers,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah. That's interesting . I will check that out

      Delete