Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 7 March 2016

Sudan - The Camel Corps - part 2

So part two of the Camel Corps consists of  a unit of close order infantry , and a set of skirmish order troops. It's taken an age to complete the whole Corps, so I am pleased to see the end of this lot.


36 troopers in double rank , front rank kneeling - with Martini-Henry's levelled ready to fire!





These are old Connoisseur figures , and i found them a pain to paint (which is unusual) as they were really showing their age , and some soft detail . I may eventually add some different manufacturer one at some point.

My rules also allow units to break up a company or two into skirmish formations , to help with recon and flushing out the bad guys.  I have 12 figures from Redoubt, these are individually based , and set into various free form sabot bases. This mean I can choose to field a number of "skirmish units" on the sabot base with between 2- and 5 figures so it make them go further. I just then fill in with tall grass / rocks etc for visual effect. 


  

 These were a lot nicer to paint than the close order ones.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Carlo, first big run out with the coming up shortly

      Delete
  2. Stunning, amazing, wonderful - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This period still tempts me but it's no for now. I'll happily watch you though...
    Have fun,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will just have to keep tempting you then

      Delete
  5. Stunning outcome. Very well done, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent work and quite splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, big units. You don't do anything by halves, do you?

    ReplyDelete