Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Une promenade autour des remparts

Or a walk around the ramparts of Dinan. Walking the town walls today gave a real feel for the history of the town. It must have had deep pockets to build such fortifications , trade to protect and pay for it.























I could not however get this out of my head most of the way around. The taunting Frenchmen from the Holy Grail!







And after Loki posted recently of the figures from Northumbrian Tin Soldier the Knights that say Ni!







Around the town are some real old half timber buildings






Well after a mornings exertions what better that a pichet of the local cider.







And a tartlette fraise.






It's a hard life this holiday lark...

No comments:

Post a Comment