Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 6 February 2012

A Bitsa week

As in bits of this n bits of that. Work continues on the Mamalukes. The new basing material ordered have just turned up so i will be able to finish them this week now. I have however completed a little vignette piece for Curt's Painting challenge. One of the categories is for Best female. I was given this little set which apparently was a give away at Partizan a few years ago sculpted by Matt Bickley . Not sure of the title of it, but I havecalled it "The perils of Pauline" after the old black & white films. A couple of great figures to paint. I now just need to find the dashing hero figure to rescue her!
  
.
                                                               I can just hear the music.....


In addition I have been to the York show "Vapnartark" . The first show attended in many years. Nice to see figures in the flesh as it were and i did of course succumb to adding to lead mountain.

Additions to the lead pile - all just because i really liked the look of them , and will be fun to paint.:-
Trent miniatures - Napoleon as first consul, and General Lecourbe. 
Great War miniatures - Crimean War - British Lancers charging
Artizan Designs - Foreign Legionnaires in Kepi
Crusader miniatures - Vikings
Mutineer Miniatures - Indian Mutiny - British command set

The first major order for the Mahdist forces has also arrived - I now have 480 Foot figures , and 25 Mounted to complete - that should look impressive once done.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful vignette Dave. Very nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great little piece, very unusual too. I'll look forward to see your version of the Trent Napoleon, I painted him up a few years ago, its a great figure, how are you going to paint him up?

    ReplyDelete