Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 3 December 2011

Anglo Danish Warband

Well , and now for something different. This is a Gripping Beast Warband set I have recently done for a friend who is going to finish them off with the shield transfers and basing. They made a change from the more uniform Napoleonic.


Main colours used are the Andrea Colour sets for  Greens & White(well the base colour is linen). Chain mail done with Vallejo oily steel and gunmetal. Once Matt varnished the mail and other metal where highlighted with a pure silver mix.

I also experiments with a washing/staining process. This involved using a carrier of Humbrol Satin Varnish with a stain of Humbrol Dark Earth added, this was then washed over the figure prior to final Matt Varnishing. It worked really well on some of the shading areas on the lighter colours and faces. More experimentation to come here with different colour stains. Of course I now have a tin pre mixed of my dark earth stain for future use.

Back to more traditional fare with the 83rd (County of Dublin) Regiment of Foot on the table next.

No comments:

Post a Comment